Friday, December 4, 2009

dinner party tonight

Some of my darling friends are coming over for dinner tonight. I have the house to myself for the first time in ages. The snow came down like hell had frozen over this morning and traffic was moving so slowly I got called that all my work meetings were canceled. So I spent the morning sleeping in and scouring the internet for cool recipes to impress my friends.
On the menu:
challah bread from Mollie Katzen's The Enchanted Broccoli Forest
assorted cheeses from Paddy's International Cheese market
roast chicken with 40 cloves of garlic from Modern French Classics
Spanish tortilla - local free range eggs, local bell peppers and shallots and we shall see what else...
Thai cabbage wraps (Morgana's contribution)
chocolate avocado cupcakes thanks to Ysolda at http://ysolda.com/wordpress/2008/02/04/chocolate-avocado-cakes/

So some old things I could make with my eyes closed and hands sharp. Some new things that will take trial and error and a great deal more concentration. Some guest contributions that I will enjoy guessing the ingredients of. All made with love and care and enjoyed, to be sure, with lots of wine.
I'll let you know how everything works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment