Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Cupcake Chronicle: Day too many to count now...



In case you were wondering, I did finish the cupcake hat. Though not in time for Caitlin's Halloween birthday. Alas, she went as an adorable Tinkerbell. Everyone gave her Tinkerbell presents. I gave her the only non-Tinkerbell item. It was a date to the Robert Munsch exhibit at the museum and a few of my favourite Robert Munsch books. My friend's sister in law did a wonderful job with the Tinkerbell cake, and it was a lovely afternoon all around.
I did finish the hat in time for Christmas, though. I went to visit the lovely mom and daughter duo at their apartment and brought gifts for all. The hat for Caitlin, and yummy Godiva white chocolate liqueur for mummy. I couldn't have finished it without my sister's help. Leah completed the strawberry, which, I'l admit, came out much bigger than I had planned. Oh well, everyone wins in this case. I can put that ridiculously drawn-out project behind me and start something new, likely unrelated to food and so not of interest to you. It was fun, for sure. I'm now looking for patterns for other food-shaped knitted items to give as a present for anothr friend's daughter. Maybe peas in a pod... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment