Monday, October 12, 2009

Throwdown Showdown

A challenge:

I have just picked up the latest copy of Cook’s Illustrated, one of my favourite magazines, and the entire issue is dedicated to their staff’s Italian Favourites. I am going to make their “Eggplant Parmesan: Our Advice is don’t fry the eggplant, bake it.” I challenge my pop to make something from his beloved Soprano’s cookbook, and we shall feast on them together to determine who’s is better. I wonder what he’ll bring. My guess is veal. I think, to ensure a balanced, enjoyable meal must be discussed in advance, so I suppose giving each other notice and discussing our menu is fair. We will have to agree on each other’s contribution. Another rule should be that we can share suggestions and ingredients. It will sort of be like betting on a horse, or a greyhound or something as exquisite as those animals. This will be fun. I’ll let you know how this all turns out….






It will hopefully look something like this when I make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment